Recreational Vehicle Parking Guidelines Mobile Solution
At a glance
Customer is the leading supplier of components to the recreational vehicle and residential housing industries, as well as adjacent industries including bus, cargo and equestrian trailer, marine, and heavy truck. With over 70 facilities located throughout the United States, Canada, Ireland, Italy, and the United Kingdom, our more than 9,000 team members work together to bring innovative product solutions to market every day.
The contract is for to develop a Mobile Camera Application that will stream video captured from a camera mounted on a recreational vehicle. This Mobile Camera Application will display a video on an end-user device such as a phone, monitor or computer. This mobile application will be integrated with an existing one-control mobile application. This application will create an overlay that will display guidelines for judging distance to objects in the video. An ability to change the position of guideline in relation to the video will be provided. The Customer needed a partner who could bring expertise in Mobility, Customer Experience and Bluetooth integration, as well as help them meet the business expectations through a speedy & timely delivery using Agile methodologies.
What we did
- Mobile Application Development
- Customer Experience
- Camera & Bluetooth Integration
- Android OS & iOS
- Microsoft Xamarin Cross-Platform using .NET & C#
- Agile & DevOps based Delivery
What STG brought to the solution
STG led this project leveraging a structured process, templates & tools developed through our PRIDE® framework. STG approached the solution keeping in mind the relevance factor and brought in following differentiators:
- Our experience working with the Automotive OEM across multiple business lines
- Our experience developing mobile application using various technologies
- Our disciplined delivery methodology leveraging Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration & Deployment and Test Automation.
- Improved Customer Experience – Ability to help the end consumers of the RVs to park their vehicles with ease
- Speed of delivery – ability to complete the features implementation quickly and on-time
- Increased efficiency in service delivery by contracting with a proven partner