Group Health Insurance Management Modernization
At a glance
As the nation’s leading provider of dental insurance, our customer’s purpose is the advancement of the oral health of their customers, partners and consumers through dental insurance and the philanthropic efforts.
The customer is a not-for-profit organization. Through their national network of companies, they offer dental coverage in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories, with a local presence in communities across the country, providing groups and individuals with quality, cost-effective dental insurance and superior customer service.
The customer serves more than 80 million Americans, protecting more smiles than any other dental insurance company, with the largest network of dentists nationwide, quick answers and personalized service. They serve more than 139,000 groups nationwide, providing dental insurance plans for companies large and small.
Group Insurance health plans provide coverage to a group of members, usually comprised of company employees or members of an organization. Group health members usually receive insurance at a reduced cost because the insurer’s risk is spread across a group of policyholders.
What we did
- Application Modernization
- Cloud Native Development
- Microservices Implementation
- Containernation Services
- Test Driven Development
- Agile & DevOps based Delivery
Providing dental insurance creates a happier, heathier workforce
At work, the health and well-being of employees is key to success. Customer understands the power of a healthy smile, and they provide subscribers and their employees with the best dental insurance benefits possible.
These insurance plans are critical to employee health and wellness because they:
- Help employees stay healthy
- Protect your employees from high costs through negotiated network discounts
- Boost workplace productivity
STG provided modernization implementation services to modernize the group insurance subscription management legacy application.
STG leveraged the following modernization process in this assignment:
- Assessment: Evaluate current and future business needs, determine operating, maintenance, and replacement costs, identify operational risks and unexpected cost of application failure and explore use of managed, shared, or cloud services
- Strategic Planning: Identify applications needing replacement or an upgrade, plan to eliminate overly expensive, obsolete applications and consolidate applications that might duplicate functions
- Specify, Design & Build: Evaluate Modernization Options, evaluate adaptation of new tools, determine apt project execution methodology, develop Migration Plan mapping with chosen Modernization Option and design & construct
- Testing: Evaluate Organization QA Tools and Strategy, develop detailed Data Migration testing plan, develop Detailed QA Plan, perform Extensive Testing, ensure functional traceability between old and new systems and review Test data-migration verification report
- Training & Deployment: Provide Business User and Train-the-Trainer Training, deploy, develop Post production data-migration verification report, parallel Run and Decommission.
- A modernized group insurance subscription management solution implemented on time and with high quality
- Successful Business Process improvements implementation
- Improved UI/UX experience
- A better performing system.